About the role
PSL is a startup studio and early-stage venture capital fund in Seattle, WA. We are known for moving fast and building innovative companies-we also value having fun and winning! So if you have the necessary skills, this could be your professional nirvana!
Our background lies in both starting companies from concept to businesses and scaling companies from $1M to $100M and beyond. We are a dedicated team of entrepreneurs, operators, and investors with a proven track record of building and scaling companies.
We’re looking for a passionate Full-Cycle Recruiter to focus on hiring top-tier talent for varied roles for our core team and our start-up companies’ Data Science, Engineering, Product, Design and Marketing teams. You will own the end-to-end recruitment lifecycle from sourcing, screening, scheduling, interviewing and negotiating offers. You will also network online and offline with potential candidates to promote our employer brand and ensure we attract the best talent. Ultimately, you will be responsible for building a strong talent pipeline to hire across several technical roles at the various startups we help build as well as our own labs.
- Influence through strong relationships, expertise, and data while managing a complex set of stakeholders including our startup CEOs, our engineering and design teams, and our management teams.
- Identify, source and engage candidates through creative and innovative sourcing approaches that emphasize the quality and diversity of hires, process efficiency, strong client management.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for candidates throughout the full recruiting cycle (i.e. communicate status, answer questions and coordinate all follow-up efforts).
- Define the company's recruiting metrics and establish reporting to measure effectiveness. Create and report on recruiting metrics, including but not limited to: tracking actual to plan, hiring velocity, diversity, quality of hire, and cost per hire.
- Implement and maintain our applicant tracking system and third-party job boards, handling all coordination efforts.
- Curate and maintain interviewing processes and procedures that enable comprehensive hiring decisions.
- Focus on providing a great candidate experience through every stage of the interview process.
- Work directly with managers to create engaging job descriptions and ensure we have assigned competencies and appropriate interview loops.
- Attend networking events within the community to promote our employer brand and engage talent.
- Contribute ideas to our company recruiting process, company culture, etc. The goal is to do it better than it’s ever been done before.
You are a good fit if:
- You have a hunter, not a gatherer’s, mindset.
- You are a proven technical recruiter with a track record of hiring amazing designers and engineers.
- You have previously built talent acquisition processes and strategies from the ground up at one or more startups.
- Thinking strategically and working tactically comes naturally to you.
- Getting your “hands dirty” with candidate pipelining and engagement is the fun part of your day.
- You are able to communicate and present to all levels of leadership.
- You are able to surface more candidates off LinkedIn than on it.
- You sincerely enjoy working at the pace of a fast-growing startup and have a strong sense of urgency.
- 5+ years of startup recruiting experience.
- BA/BS degree.
We are an equal opportunity employer and highly value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.